Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6684 - 03/01/04 11:38 PM New diver looking for buddies in NYC area
xnight Offline
avid diver

Loc: NYC
Got certified back i october and spent most of winter doing research before buying my equipment, i have everything except for dry suit or cold water wet suit for now, and some accesories that im looking around for.
I want to dive local as much as i can cause im only afforded a few weeks a year of vacation time so they will be used in Florida. I am adventurous, i was raised around water and i dont fear it....BUT I KNOW MY LIMITS, if i have to dive in a pond i will.
Not interested in pairing up with a tech oriented diver (not that they would be interested in pairing up with me), im looking to hang with cool recreational divers that know where to go in the NYC area.
See ya soon.........hopefully

[ 03-01-2004, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: xnight ]

#6685 - 03/03/04 06:06 PM Re: New diver looking for buddies in NYC area
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
If you have any questions with equipment or techniques feel free to post them and we'll be happy to answer them and help with whatever you need. The website has a lot of info on gear, but if you don't find something you can always contact one of our instructors at 800-34-SCUBA.

#6686 - 06/29/04 07:51 AM Re: New diver looking for buddies in NYC area
ted Offline
new diver

Loc: NY
Hay xnight IM from NYC but i am totally a tec diver that does wrecks and deep dives all the time. but if your looking for just the place to make friends and dive check out the village divers @ thevillagedivers.com or 212-673-1968

#6687 - 06/29/04 08:06 AM Re: New diver looking for buddies in NYC area
xnight Offline
avid diver

Loc: NYC
Definetly will, thanx

#6688 - 04/05/07 08:26 AM Re: New diver looking for buddies in NYC area [Re: xnight]
aquamannyc Offline
avid diver

hey xnight, im from brooklyn, been diving for many years, but loves shore dives mostly. dove a lot a beach 8th in rockaway through the years. even dove mahnhattan beach reef years ago before sheepshead bay. i also have extra gear im literally selling at very low prices if you know anybody. all gear is in top notch condition. only getting rid of because i upgraded. anyways is padi certified rescue diver, was affiliated with
atlantic divers on kings highway and est 2nd but
di dieter closed the store. hope he is okay, and doing good. let me know. have a good one. live near kings higway and nostrand.

#6689 - 01/06/08 03:32 AM Re: New diver looking for buddies in NYC area *DELETED* [Re: xnight]
aquamannyc Offline
avid diver

Post deleted by BobG

#6690 - 01/27/08 09:44 AM Re: New diver looking for buddies in NYC area [Re: aquamannyc]
jimbrown Offline
new diver

Loc: Weehawken, NJ
I'm in the NYC area. Don't do too much local diving; I mostly head down to the Caribbean. Mainly, because my wife doesn't like cold water diving. But I'm up for anything.

#6691 - 05/02/08 06:16 AM Re: New diver looking for buddies in NYC area [Re: jimbrown]
calsvett Offline
just got here

Hey xknight,
It sounds like you and I are in the same boat.I just recieved my cert. but have been diving for several years w/resort certs. I have all my own equip. and have almost become obsessed w/ everything diving. i live in the lower hudson valley and i would like to try to find someone to hook up with.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel