Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#6346 - 12/14/00 07:53 PM Neat thing in local...pond...lake...unknown.
Ross Offline
avid diver

Loc: Oceans lakes world
Here I am basically a solo diver. Why? Becuase I'm the only diver for a LOONG way. There are tons of streams and lakes and rivers in this town, which is very small. Our local reservoir which over 6 million gal. of water spew from has always tempted me. No one, no one has ever seen the bottom of it, so I grabbed my favorite set of equipment, and jumped in. WOW! Lotsa stuff. Big fish. An oil drum, (???)the front of a car, (?!?!?!?) and old boat parts. Going again next week, gonna take pictures. Anyway, is there anyone in Central Texas who enjoys diving? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy solo, only people who know the history of the town may enjoy the little secrets of the lake. If not, its nothing to me, I'll go it alone.

#6347 - 12/26/00 11:49 PM Re: Neat thing in local...pond...lake...unknown.
kenneth j patterson Offline
just got here

Loc: victoria,B.C Canada
quote:
Originally posted by Ross:
Here I am basically a solo diver. Why? Becuase I'm the only diver for a LOONG way. There are tons of streams and lakes and rivers in this town, which is very small. Our local reservoir which over 6 million gal. of water spew from has always tempted me. No one, no one has ever seen the bottom of it, so I grabbed my favorite set of equipment, and jumped in. WOW! Lotsa stuff. Big fish. An oil drum, (???)the front of a car, (?!?!?!?) and old boat parts. Going again next week, gonna take pictures. Anyway, is there anyone in Central Texas who enjoys diving? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy solo, only people who know the history of the town may enjoy the little secrets of the lake. If not, its nothing to me, I'll go it alone.

hi I was wandering in here and saw you say your a solo diver.. me too i'm on the coast
of bc canada most of my dives are open ocean
with a lake dive to clean my gear.
now that you have found all that junk maybe
you can get some help cleaning up or get paid for cleaning an diving neet eh??
a few of my dive budds and i get involved with the annual clean up around here it's a great way to get a selection of dive parteners.anyway just thought i'd say hi
an' see ya on the bottom
ken

#6348 - 01/28/01 09:40 AM Re: Neat thing in local...pond...lake...unknown.
MUFFDIVER Offline
new diver

Loc: milford, mi, united states
Don't you think solo diving is kind of dangerous?

#6349 - 03/02/01 02:22 PM Re: Neat thing in local...pond...lake...unknown.
Amy Offline
new diver

Loc: London ON, Canada
Hey Ross, I'm just wondering where you dive. I'm in Ontario and looking for a dive buddy for the summer. I've done some river diving, tons of lake diving and some ocean diving, so if you are in Ontario let me know.

#6350 - 03/21/01 08:40 PM Re: Neat thing in local...pond...lake...unknown.
trey Offline
avid diver

Loc: austin , texas us
hey ,
austin texa shere . have done solo a few times but it gets wierd down deep on lake travis . where are you in central texas i didn't see a location.
trey

quote:

#6351 - 04/29/01 08:46 AM Re: Neat thing in local...pond...lake...unknown.
Scully Offline
new diver

quote:

#6352 - 04/29/01 08:49 AM Re: Neat thing in local...pond...lake...unknown.
Scully Offline
new diver

Hey Ross- Drop me an email, let me know your rough location. I bet we are close enough to buddy up.
Scully

Moderator:  BobG, Mel