Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#5179 - 02/17/01 04:50 AM Skydiving and SCUBA?
Whuffo Offline
new diver

Alright.. everybody say hi to the new guy. In fact.. so new, that I'm still in scuba classes. My question is this.. I've been an avid skydiver for around ten years, and have decided to put scuba diving on my list of things to do on nice weekends. Now, obviously, the pressure variables on a body are opposite amongst these two sports and I was wondering if I can expect any difficulties adapting to the underwater forces applied on a body and lungs that have been used to tooling around in un-pressurized skydiving aircraft at 14,000 feet all this time.

#5180 - 02/18/01 04:23 PM Re: Skydiving and SCUBA?
bowman Offline
new diver

Loc: neosho, mo USA
Hello whuff, I myself have done the skydiving trip too, but unliky yourself i prefer the water, it may take you a little getting used to but not alot, you will just have to decide skydiving/scubadiving because you cant do both on the same weekend.
quote:
Originally posted by Whuffo:
Alright.. everybody say hi to the new guy. In fact.. so new, that I'm still in scuba classes. My question is this.. I've been an avid skydiver for around ten years, and have decided to put scuba diving on my list of things to do on nice weekends. Now, obviously, the pressure variables on a body are opposite amongst these two sports and I was wondering if I can expect any difficulties adapting to the underwater forces applied on a body and lungs that have been used to tooling around in un-pressurized skydiving aircraft at 14,000 feet all this time.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel