Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#5106 - 01/02/01 09:10 AM Antigua
rmfleming Offline
new diver

Loc: Lansing, MI
I'm going to Antigua, leaving 1-20-01, Anyone been diving there? Any sugestions?

#5107 - 01/05/01 02:17 PM Re: Antigua
Brian O'Grady Offline
avid diver

Loc: Clearwater Beach, FL, USA
I haven't been to Antigua, but checked the most recent issue of Undercurrent for diver reviews. The only things I came across were disparaging comments about the diving in general (no specifics) and that you shouldn't go out with the boats that cater to the cruise ships because they only go to the near-shore reefs.

I'd search the internet and e-mail various shops with your questions. I've done this with great success on dive trips to Mexico, Australia and Hawaii. Include questions like: Radio and oxygen on board? Divemaster in the water? Free to dive your own plan or strictly follow-the-leader? What size tanks.. I got stuck with 60's once and a whole group of newbies that only had 35 min bottom time on a 40' profile as a result! I figure that if a shop doesn't bother to respond to an e-mail inquiry, they shouldn't get my business.

#5108 - 01/08/01 07:46 PM Re: Antigua
Brian O'Grady Offline
avid diver

Loc: Clearwater Beach, FL, USA
Here's a site that has more info on Antigua including links to several dive operators.
http://www.sportdiver.com/OperatorSearch/1,1874,42,00.html?tollCat=&domainname=SD&category=Destination

Have fun!

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel