Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#5086 - 12/11/00 06:22 AM Cave Diving ?
Reef Guy Offline
veteran

Loc: Puerto Rico
Am planning to go Cave Diving pretty soon but I have some concerns, how dangerous is Cave Diving? In a recent documentry in the Discovery Science channel (Extreme Diving) the experts who where cave diving in Mexico said that cave diving made Diving the most dangerous sport in the world. But other people tell me its pretty safe while you have the right team and the right equipment.

So, is Cave Diving as dangeruos as they say or is it pretty safe?

#5087 - 12/11/00 04:24 PM Re: Cave Diving ?
Ross Offline
avid diver

Loc: Oceans lakes world
....Ok. Now I'm not ever going cave diving. You'll find me in a rusty wreck or a silty rig, but I'll never enter a cave. Its costly, and..well boring. I consider the same stuff all the time boring. Plus, I'm not too sure if I would take the risk of getting lost in it.

#5088 - 12/15/00 07:19 PM Re: Cave Diving ?
frog man Offline
veteran

Loc: cancun mx.
cave diving is very dangerous if not trained and not use proper equipment.you must read at least the "nss cave diving manual"(www.cavediving.com).Here in Yucatan cenotes, many diver included open water instructors have died trying explore caves.
Cave diving is technical dive, shoul have a course( 4 stages )first. be carfull

Moderator:  BobG, Mel