Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5059 - 04/15/01 03:45 PM Re: That dizzy feeling??
divrnr Offline
avid diver

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Can't wait to see him on a boat puking his guts out and then call him a female organ...

#5060 - 06/08/01 01:24 AM Re: That dizzy feeling??
jmsdiver Offline
veteran

Loc: USA
I would contact Divers Alert Network and an ENT. The colder water off of Catilina island maybe affecting your internal balancing mechanism in the cochlea. You may also check to see if you have a ruptured (this could mean a tear or and all out destruction of the membrane) tympanic membrane, which would allow the colder water to hit upon the oval window causing a sudden change in the balancing mechanism.

#5061 - 06/10/01 10:43 AM Re: That dizzy feeling??
kwesler Offline
veteran

I suggest seeing the doctor, but here is an observation. A friend of mine had similiar issues in a non diving situation-began to get dizzy with increasing frequency etc. turned out he had a minor circulatry issue-basically, when he exerted himself, blood was not flowing properly to his brain=dizziness. The interesting part is that it was solved by his wearing something on his legs which constricted the vessels and increased the blood flow. Might not be germane, but the heck...the doctor should help.

#5062 - 06/14/01 04:32 AM Re: That dizzy feeling??
jmsdiver Offline
veteran

Loc: USA
Excellent comment kwesler! In diving a tight fitting hood can cause a constriction on the carotids, not allow the blood to flow to the brain. Wearing a wetsuit will essentially do the same thing that TED stocking (compression stockings) that your friend wears.

Again, talk to a doctor

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BobG, Mel