Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#4910 - 10/29/03 05:08 PM Best Certification
Joe_X Offline
avid diver

Loc: new jersey
Hi which is better of all the certification coursesn PADI, NAUI etc..

#4911 - 10/29/03 06:58 PM Re: Best Certification
ScubaDiverJunkie Offline
veteran

Loc: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
They are typically all the same but each has a variation of the standards. In my opinion, PADI is the most recognized and I believe it sets the standards for the dive industry. Others of course have their own opinions and I am sure will voice them to you as well. In my experience, almost every dive location in the world will have a PADI affiliationa as well as others but like I said - In my opinion - PADI is the most widely known and recognized for the dedication of its trainers and the standards that it sets.

#4912 - 10/30/03 08:01 AM Re: Best Certification
divealot Offline
veteran

Loc: Huntsville, AL
Personally, I think that as long as you find a competent instructor that you will have fun with is the most important aspect about choosing a certification class.

#4913 - 10/30/03 02:50 PM Re: Best Certification
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok thank you both

#4914 - 11/04/03 12:00 AM Re: Best Certification
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Padi and Naui are like Visa and Mastercard. They are the two largest training agencies. Spend some time talking to the dive center and the instructor before you sign up. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

#4915 - 11/19/03 08:26 AM Re: Best Certification
Tanker1 Offline
veteran

Loc: Virginia
I have certifications with PADI, SDI, IANTD and,TDI. Some of them were simply because I wanted to have a more technical knowledge with some coarses. It's all about education so be selective and shop it around if you need to and taylor that education to your diving needs. I'm presently working on the Dive Master program with PADI simply because I feel that PADI is more chalenging.

#4916 - 11/24/03 08:40 AM Re: Best Certification
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
The experience and qualifications of the instructor are important especially if you need training in a specialized area. How long they have been teaching and the type of courses they teach can help in choosing the right instructor.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel