Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#4738 - 12/09/02 03:27 AM Service and Repair
wreckreel Offline
avid diver

Loc: New London
Hi, I`m Wreckreel. I`m an open water diver for 4 years now in New England. I`m kind of addicted to spearfishing and claming and for the past 2 years,I`ve been diving wrecks.(not many but some) I wanted to know, how does one become certified in regulator repair for this is another aspect of diving that I am interested in doing. Could you just pass this around and tell me what you think?
Thanks,
Wreckreel

#4739 - 12/09/02 05:59 PM Re: Service and Repair
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Generally, Repair workshops are given by the manufactures for the repair tech personnel. Some dive stores will offer equipment maintenance courses for their customers. These are not a full repair class but do offer good information for the recreational diver on how to take care of their gear.

#4740 - 12/10/02 03:32 AM Re: Service and Repair
wreckreel Offline
avid diver

Loc: New London
Thanks for steering me in the right direction here. I will start e-mailing some of the manufactures to see if they will offer coarses to a non dive shop owner. If not, I will try to get refered from one.......well thanks for your comment on this matter........Wreckreel

#4741 - 02/04/03 05:45 AM Re: Service and Repair
DiveVawreks Offline
veteran

Loc: Virginia
If you are wanting to get into diving a lot, try to get a part time job at your local dive shop. This should get you some discounts on gear and will help you get on your way to the factory offered schools. The more you work with the pros the better you will understand the gear.

#4742 - 02/08/03 05:15 AM Re: Service and Repair
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, I thought this topic was dead. Thanks for writing back. As a matter of fact, I have checked into just that. First I had to find someone who was good. I have had a lot of problems finding a shop that I could trust and after 4 years I have finally found one. I will probably go for my advanced divers course with this shop and then ask from there. They just did 3 of my regulators and have corrected the problems they had and I am satistfied with them. The people that own the shop are pretty cool and very good at service so this would be an excellent opportunity for me. Just wanted to share this comment with everyone, Thanks again..................Wreckreel

#4743 - 02/10/03 11:28 AM Re: Service and Repair
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Sounds good. Hope you get all the training you want.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel