Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#4486 - 12/03/01 02:55 PM getting started in scuba diving
joseph Offline
just got here

I want to get started in the sport of scuba diving, but I have a bunch of questions.How much do lessons cost just to get certified.I was wondering how much a complete scuba diving system would cost me (about). I don't want a cheap one, but I don't want something expensive. Can you help me?

#4487 - 12/03/01 04:23 PM Re: getting started in scuba diving
Rebecca Offline
veteran

Just depending on where you are from and what store you walk into the lessons vary in price. You will pay somewhere around $200-$300 for the lessons.
As for the equipment; I assume you are talking about regulator set up and BC vest. The amount you spend depends on you. With scuba equipment you will want to look for the features that make you more comfortable. The more features the more you spend.(kind of like buying a car) You can spend anywhere from $350 and up.
Something fun you might want to try is looking through our website and adding items you like into the shop cart. If you have any questions on which one to choose just drop me a post or an email or call our 800#. We can help you decide what will benefit you most.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel