Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#4342 - 05/30/01 05:42 PM where would be the nearest place to for me to get certified?
Stretch Offline
just got here

Loc: Elizabethton, TN. USA
I live in Elizabethton, TN. I really want to get certified, I just don't know how to go about it. I really don't have the time to go to Fla. or anything like some of my friends have to get PADI certified. Any help from other Tennesseans?

#4343 - 05/31/01 07:52 AM Re: where would be the nearest place to for me to get certified?
TexasMike Offline
veteran

If you visit the websites of the various training agencies (PADI, NAUI, or Scuba Diving International) you should be able to search to find shops nearby to you.

As in other threads on this board regarding certification, the quality of instruction varies between program, shop, and instructor. So do your homework by interviewing the shop and instructor.

--TexasMike

#4344 - 06/02/01 09:48 AM Re: where would be the nearest place to for me to get certified?
Hybrid8 Offline
veteran

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I don't know about Tennesee, but up here in Canada we get this cool book call the "YELLOW PAGES" which lists local companies by category. It just so happens there is a SCUBA category to look under too.

Some people will spend a lifetime to find the most difficult route to the most simple of problems.

Bruno

Moderator:  BobG, Mel