Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#41 - 12/01/00 10:36 AM Scuba and Glasses
benhansen Offline
just got here

Loc: Austin, TX USA
I'm going to St Martin in three weeks and I would like to go diving. Two problems - I've need to get certified and I wear glasses. What is your advice on the glasses front? I know there are masks with correntive lenses - what do you think about them? Single lense vs two lenses. How long does it take to get them made, etc. also if you know about diving in St Martin that would be great.
ben

#42 - 12/02/00 11:33 AM Re: Scuba and Glasses
Rebecca Offline
veteran

Ben, Getting lenses put into your dive mask is no problem. I recommend getting a split 2 window masks like the Ocean Master Z2 or the Genesis SL. This mask allows you to choose your prescription from a -1.0 through -8.0. At DiversDiscount.com you can order these mask and have your lenses put in. The nice thing about it, if you ordered the mask you could have it to you in time for your vacation. As for your trip to St. Martin, I have heard it is worth taking the day trip out to Saba to dive. Have a great vacation!
quote:
Originally posted by benhansen:
I'm going to St Martin in three weeks and I would like to go diving. Two problems - I've need to get certified and I wear glasses. What is your advice on the glasses front? I know there are masks with correntive lenses - what do you think about them? Single lense vs two lenses. How long does it take to get them made, etc. also if you know about diving in St Martin that would be great.
ben

[This message has been edited by EricF (edited 01-23-2001).]

#43 - 12/11/00 04:18 PM Re: Scuba and Glasses
Ross Offline
avid diver

Loc: Oceans lakes world
You can wear contacts or get corrective masks, but they are useless outside the water. The contacts are a better bet, but if your mask floods, you have a chance of losing them. But more important, get certified!

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie