Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#4033 - 11/04/00 04:46 PM equalizing ears
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use to practice equalizing ears before diving,but some times it afects my equilibrium sense so a have to stop and wait some seconds (10 or 15)until vertigo disapper and only happens one time if do it again nothing occurs.After that I can dive without any troubles.Is normal ?? The air is forced to the medium or internal ear?? Can any body
explain it.I know in the ear is the sense of
balance. I dont`t have any troubles with listening or infections. The symtoms are only with left ear.

#4034 - 11/07/00 12:46 AM Re: equalizing ears
Rebecca Offline
veteran

Hi David, Remember to equalize early and often. If you wait too long to equalize you may have to equalize with too much force causing you to become dizzy. The first 33 feet is the greatest change in pressure. Equalize every couple feet.
quote:
Originally posted by david:
I use to practice equalizing ears before diving,but some times it afects my equilibrium sense so a have to stop and wait some seconds (10 or 15)until vertigo disapper and only happens one time if do it again nothing occurs.After that I can dive without any troubles.Is normal ?? The air is forced to the medium or internal ear?? Can any body
explain it.I know in the ear is the sense of
balance. I dont`t have any troubles with listening or infections. The symtoms are only with left ear.

[This message has been edited by Rebecca (edited 11-06-2000).]

Moderator:  BobG, Mel