Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#4026 - 07/20/00 05:59 PM Diving Certification
Dive4Life Offline
just got here

Hi there,
I have been certified for 4 years now and I was wondering about becoming an instructor. I am currently an advanced open water diver and was wondering what would be the best way to get certified. Thank you.

#4027 - 07/25/00 09:37 AM Re: Diving Certification
Bob Offline
just got here

Loc: Sydney
The best thing I can tell you is to go diving. As much as possible. And in as many places as you can. Get all the experience you can, keeping in mind you want to learn how to do it comfortably and correctly, not just dive for the sake of it.

Then, continue to take your classes. Your next course is the Rescue class, then after that, you may enter your Divemaster course. The Divemaster course should offer you the chance to actually do some work and hone the skills required to be an instructor.

Once finished with that, contact your local Course Director (such as me, here) for the scheduling of the next Instructor Training Course.

Feel free to give me a call here at 1-800-34SCUBA if you have any more questions.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel