Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#3999 - 12/31/05 09:31 AM Aruba Diving
CAV Diver Offline
just got here

Loc: Cuba
Going to Aruba, in august
Looking for good dive shop and/or wreck course.
Of course looking for recommended dive sites from divers who have hit em.

#4000 - 01/03/06 09:46 AM Re: Aruba Diving
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
Take a look at www.aruba.com

This is the island's official website. It will list the different dive operators and their schedules. You can get in touch with them directly and find out what their schedules are and the kind of diving they do during the week.

#4001 - 01/13/06 11:57 AM Re: Aruba Diving
mike from san antonio Offline
new diver

Loc: San Antonio, Texas
my wife and i have been to aruba twice. we used unique sports of aruba the last time we were there. they gave us a discount for volume and another 10% off because we used the visit aruba plus card. our total was less than $20 per dive (most were 2 tank dives). USA is probably the best dive shop we have ever used. very professional and friendly. tell them mike and teresa said hello from san antonio. go spurs go!

#4002 - 01/14/06 09:46 AM Re: Aruba Diving
BrianO Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine
Great advice. It doesn't come with a better recommendation than that.
The following link is for the operation they had such a good time with:

http://www.visitaruba.com/uniquesports/[/URL]

The link below will get you to the site to get the Visit Aruba Plus card for the discounts they mentioned.

https://caribmed.securesites.com/plus/join2006.html

Keep diving and have a great time in Aruba.

[ 01-14-2006, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: BrianO ]

#4003 - 12/16/06 01:59 PM Re: Aruba Diving [Re: mike from san antonio]
Marcus_Edwards Offline
new diver

Loc: Jamestown NY
Could you compare Aruba to the Grand Caymen? I'm not sure which one I want to go to. I see reply postive about both
Thank you
Marcus Edwards

#4004 - 01/18/07 06:15 PM Re: Aruba Diving [Re: BrianO]
johnm Offline
new diver

I am new to this site and bb - we are considering a cruise this summer that would include either Aruba & Curacao OR Barbados & St Lucia ---- My son and I have dive cards, while my wife and daughter would snorkel.
Which would you recommend?

#37381 - 05/16/12 10:49 AM Re: Aruba Diving [Re: johnm]
Jayge Offline
new diver

Loc: Danville, PA
I got my OW certification last August, about 3 weeks before my wife and I went to Aruba. I went on a half-day 2-tank dive trip with Clive Paula of Dive Aruba. Clive's boat was small -- there were only five customers, plus Clive and his son (sorry, forget the son's name). The other 4 clients were vastly more experienced than I. Clive went down with us for the first dive -- to a wreck in about 90'. He stayed close to me, and was every bit as attentive as a new diver could hope for. Being much newer than the others, I used my air faster than the others. When I signaled to Clive that I was getting low, he checked on my tank level every few minutes, so that I got as much bottom time as was safely possible, before accompanying me back up to the surface (including safety stop). Our second dive was a drift dive over the reef. Clive's son was the divemaster that time, and was as good as his dad when it came to being communicative with the group. We went to 60' for the second dive, and due to some advice from the more experienced divers given on the boat between dives, I was better able to make my air last, and stayed down as long as the rest of the group.

Bottom line, I felt safe and well-attended for the trip, and would recommend Clive Paula to any new diver. I don't know how the more experienced among us here would feel about him, but if and when I go back to Aruba, I'll be looking Clive up again. Well worth the money, IMHO.

#37382 - 05/18/12 09:14 AM Re: Aruba Diving [Re: Jayge]
BobG Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA
Sounds like you had a lot of fun and it's always good to know there are instructors and dive operators out there that are making sure they take care of their customers of all experience levels! Thanks for sharing!!!

#37384 - 05/19/12 01:33 PM Re: Aruba Diving [Re: BobG]
Jayge Offline
new diver

Loc: Danville, PA
Just noticed that the original post was from 2005... Duh... thought I was helping someone.

#37385 - 05/22/12 11:05 AM Re: Aruba Diving [Re: Jayge]
BobG Offline
veteran

Loc: Irvine, CA
That's okay! As with any board there are probably 20-25 people just browsing for each who contribute, so even though we are a reletively small board, I'm sure your comments will aid somebody. Thanks for sharing!

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie