Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#3883 - 11/20/03 04:33 PM Ko Chang (Thailand)
DannyGass Offline
just got here

Anybody have any experience diving off of Ko Chang? If so, any recommendations on what dive companies are good on Ko Chang?

Thx.

#3884 - 11/22/03 10:18 AM Re: Ko Chang (Thailand)
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Koh Chang Marine National Park is new and virtually unknown to the outside world. Few people know of its secret wonders. Some even boldly call it “the last paradise islands in South-East Asia”. A paradise it is, Koh Chang Marine National Park has been a heaven to the locals who need to replenish their mind and energy, to recharge

Koh Chang is the largest of the 52-island Marine National Park, all of which are untouched by modernization with their natural resources kept intact. Thus, qualifying the park as a dream escape, a true hideaway, far from the bustling city-life. But in fact, Koh Chang is only 330 kilometers east of Bangkok or approximately 4 hours by road plus another 30 to 45 minutes by boat or ferry.

It is surprising even to the Thais that Koh Chang is actually the second largest island in the whole of Thailand, behind Phuket. Despite its size and close proximity to the capital, Koh Chang is least known, undeveloped, untouched, forgotten, and left idle for decades. No doubt, all these are a blessing in disguise.

Koh Chang Marine National Park is a secret retreat yet to be explored. Nearly 75% of the Marine Park is protected by law, under the jurisdiction of the Forestry Department of Thailand. This explains how it remains a virtual virgin wonderland shielded from devastating and vigorous developments. Hence, the lack of infrastructure and population. There are few thoughts of modernization.

Doing a search on the web for Koh Chang will give you information on facilities.

#3885 - 10/04/08 04:18 PM Re: Ko Chang (Thailand) [Re: DannyGass]
TimA Offline
avid diver

Loc: Kuraburi, Phang Nga, Thailand
Just for the record. Thailand has 2 Koh Chang(s). 1 is as described above near the capital or the resort town of Pattaya. The other is in Ranong province. From the Koh Chang in Ranong you can see the Mergu Archipelago (Burma) and it is also in close proximity to dive sites Richelieu Rock, Koh Tachai, and the Surin Islands. Personally I prefer the Andaman Sea over the Gulf of Thailand.

#3886 - 10/26/08 09:15 PM Re: Ko Chang (Thailand) [Re: TimA]
thaiadvice Offline
just got here

Very nice pictures.I have been there for a year and I want you to go with us at Koh Chang.if you want a lovely beach with just one place on it. I have been looking for a place to go in Thailand. Thank you so much.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie