Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#7553 - 11/17/08 07:21 AM Where to dive on my trip......
crazydave Offline
just got here

I was wondering if I could get a little input

I am going on a soutern carribean cruise and want to dive at only one stop. Which would be the best choice????

St thomas
st maarten
st lucia

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated !

#37392 - 05/29/12 08:29 AM Re: Where to dive on my trip...... [Re: crazydave]
islandfishguy Offline
avid diver

St.Vincent. Next time please just visit the islands and skip the cruise. They are not really serving the customer or the islands. They only go to stops that have kick-back supported stores and shopping. They waste thousands of gallons a day of diesel fuel going no-ware and actually pollute the oceans more than they protect them. The normal stops have been over-populated and polluted so that many reefs around Mexico, Antigua, St. Thomas, St.Martin, and more are declining at alarming rates. If you want to go diving for real plan a trip to the southern Caribbean. Stay in St.Vincent and explore Horseshoe reef. Good luck.

#37409 - 06/13/12 12:57 PM Re: Where to dive on my trip...... [Re: islandfishguy]
BryanCunningham Offline
new diver

I admit that the previous post has a VERY good point. Of your stops mentioned though, probably St Lucia. They have a good program for cruise ships. Antigua has the good diving on the opposite side of the island to the cruise ship docks.
Try Scuba Steve's in St Lucia.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie