Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#3679 - 07/29/02 06:51 PM Bonaire- Capt Don?
bjglaw Offline
new diver

Loc: New York, NY, USA
We are going to Bonaire in December and we're trying to decide whether to stay at Capt Don's Habitat, which we enjoyed when last there 15 years ago, or the newer Hamlet Oasis. Any recent experience at either? Bruce

#3680 - 08/05/02 02:14 PM Re: Bonaire- Capt Don?
Rebecca Offline
veteran

I have not heard enough about Hamlet Oasis so I can not compare the two but Capt Don's Habitat is still a wonderful pick. They have great service, lots of activities, and a really good dive organization.

#3681 - 09/01/02 10:53 PM Re: Bonaire- Capt Don?
Crown ScubaVentures Offline
new diver

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I'm a Master Dive Trainer who's been going to Habitat (Capt'n. Don's) for over ten years. Although the new pricing structure has changed the way I dive there (unlimited boat & shore diving used to be included), I rarely consider going anywhere else. Just a heads up, the prices in Bonaire reflect the economic slowdown that exists all over the Caribbean... Groceries have gotten very high. The pizza at Habitat is one of the best (and most delicious) values around. Also, the garden view villas are wonderful. Usually I stay in the Oceanfront Villas, but new property mgr. Jack Chalk (has been running the dive operation for years) has made some wonderful property changes. You're sure to have a great time!

#3682 - 09/02/02 04:00 PM Re: Bonaire- Capt Don?
BillL Offline
veteran

Loc: So. California, USA
Do you have any contact information on Capt. Dons Habitat?

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie