Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#2173 - 07/15/02 07:59 AM scuba gear
jsoccer Offline
new diver

I'm just getting started with scuba diving,and I wanted to know how much typical scuba gear would cost.(not including fins and snorkles)

Thanks

#2174 - 07/15/02 10:37 AM Re: scuba gear
bpadivers Offline
veteran

Loc: Roswell, NM
To many variables. What all gear necessary for a dive will cost, or gear for the lessons? Depends on purchasing location, and brand/type.

You can get all the gear necessary to go on a dive trip for under $1000, but will it be the same gear you will want a year later?

Rent it until you figure out what you want.

Our local shop charges $40 to rent everything.

For many open water classes you need only mask, fins, snorkel, and boots. When signing up low budget students, I have got them into decent gear for around $140.

#2175 - 07/15/02 02:54 PM Re: scuba gear
Rebecca Offline
veteran

If you want you can enter in some items into the shop cart that you may be interested in. This way you would get a very good idea of what the cost will be for the items you are interested in.
Or you can check out the section on our site called "diving systems" These are packages for your complete diving systems. This will give you a very good idea of what you will be spending

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie