Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#2154 - 07/03/02 10:57 AM Dry Suits
Adam Curtis Offline
new diver

Loc: Horsham, West Sussex, UK
I have recently completed the Advanced OWD with PADI, in which I used a membrane drysuit. I want to buy one, as it worked for me, and I would be likely to be diving every weekend if I get a drysuit, as living in the UK it is cold in wetsuits. I want to spend as little as possible (under 350) but also get a decent piece of kit. Any advice welcome diver_dan_2002@hotmail.com

#2155 - 07/06/02 05:31 PM Re: Dry Suits
Rebecca Offline
veteran

I have the Apollo dry suit and I totally love it. It is very comfortable and very easy to use compared to other dry suits.
It has self purging ankle dumps if your feet get above your head the air dumps out and allows you to lower your feet back down. Your will never get taken to the surface feet first.
You can set the shoulder dump on auto dump (you just lift your elbow up and the air dumps out as you go up) or on "lock" you push the button to release the air.
The chest inflator swivels completely around so you can have your inflator hose coming from whatever direction you want.
The boots are low profile and the suit fits like it is custom made.
This suit is also a scuba labs testers choice.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie