Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#2061 - 05/15/02 07:23 PM zeagle ranger
avillan Offline
just got here

Loc: florida
Just wanted to get some feedback regarding the Zeagle Ranger BC.

#2062 - 05/16/02 11:37 AM Re: zeagle ranger
parrotfish Offline
just got here

I bought the Ranger a few years ago and have no complaints about it. I do notice that the tank seems to ride kind of higher up than I would like but since I have an extra-small sized BC, that might be why that happens. Check and see if you like the way the buoyancy control vents on the bottom are set up.
M. H.

#2063 - 05/20/02 10:06 AM Re: zeagle ranger
bpadivers Offline
veteran

Loc: Roswell, NM
I like the ranger, it is a great BC, however for single tank sport diving, I like the Zeagle Scout. It is a great back inflate bc and much cheaper. It is small and stays out of our way. It is easy to take on and off a diver getting out of the water, and you can get the intergrated weight pockets if you like those.

#2064 - 05/20/02 03:27 PM Re: zeagle ranger
Rebecca Offline
veteran

I have had a ranger and I swear by the Dive Rite Transpac. The ranger weight system drove me crazy. The Dive Rite is way more versatile, fits better because of its adjustability, and has a much more simple weight system.

#2065 - 05/20/02 04:16 PM Re: zeagle ranger
BadFish Offline
veteran

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
And if you like the Dive Rite you'll love the Halcyon. Simple harness allows easy donning, doesn't trap air bubbles for better trim and balance, rugged will last forever. Backplate allow for less weight on the belt or intergrated weight system which leads to better trim and air consumption.

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie