Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#2034 - 04/22/02 10:15 AM Cayman Aquasub
Adrenaline Concepts Offline
just got here

Loc: Costa Brava Spain
I'm thinking of adding underwaterscooters to my rental equipment inventory. Has anyone had experience with the Cayman Aquasub? How sturdy are they? Why the price differences $599-799?
How many recharges can I expect the batteries to last?

#2035 - 04/25/02 01:16 PM Re: Cayman Aquasub
Rebecca Offline
veteran

The cayman Aquasub is powerful and light weight.
58 pound thrust 24-volt motor provides the most power and longest run time. Up to 90 minutes of run time under typical snorkeling use. Rugged Polyethylene Body - Impact proof, UV resistant so it won’t fade. Bright High-visibility Color. Magnetic Switch – Hold the switch and you’re flying through the water, then release it, to glide to an effortless stop. If you let go, the AquaSub stops running. The Battery Condition Indicator is like the “Fuel Gauge" for your AquaSub.
As with any rechargable battery (110v)it depends on how you maintain them. They should be discharged before fully charging them to maintain maximum life. It is very hard to guess the battery life but I would say the battery would take up to 100 charges.

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie