Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#1643 - 09/24/01 05:42 AM Console Alterations
bossvoss Offline
new diver

Loc: Hicksville, NY, USA
53 y/o diving 3 years; not happy with the Oceanic navcon configuration that I have - want to wrist boot my Oceanic DataPlus (easier to see with 53 y/o eyes) then hose mount Ocenic sidscan compass and just get single boot for SPG. I'm big so this will keep gear closer to body; allow better computer visibility, etc. Can this be done with your gear and by me at home ????

#1644 - 09/24/01 11:45 AM Re: Console Alterations
Rebecca Offline
veteran

Just buy a computer wrist boot, a hose mount compass boot, and a pressure gauge boot. You can pop the gauges out of your navcon boot and into the new ones. Im not sure this is your best solution but it can be done.

Just as a side note, I think its nice to have everything all together. If you are having problems seeing your gauges you could also try buying a longer high pressure hose so you can hold it out further.

#1645 - 10/05/01 08:57 PM Re: Console Alterations
jmsdiver Offline
veteran

Loc: USA
Separating your "dashboard" of diving needs to take careful consideration. If you are one that breathes heavily and uses a lot of air, perhaps separating it is not in your best interest. However, if you are quite aware of your air consumption at depth and don't feel you need to keep that close of an eye on your air, then perhaps putting the computer on your wrist and using a single boot for your SPG would be fine. Another thing with keeping the console together, should you pack for a trip, you'll know you have your computer with you; I remember forgetting my computer due to the fact that I had separated my console.

Cheers

Moderator:  BobG, Mel, Reggie