Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#1612 - 09/06/01 10:05 AM Sequest Pro Unlimited BC
shoude Offline
avid diver

Loc: Mansfield, MA, USA
Does anyone out there currently own the Seaquest Pro Unlimited BC? If so, what has been your experience with the BC thus far? It's definitely on the higher price side, but seems to have some very distinctive advantaged (e.g., partial weight dump, lumbar support and gel pack, additional lift capacity due to its 3 dimensional internal expanding gussets, etc). I just started looking into the Pro Unlimited and haven't had a chance to try one on. From what I've heard it's extremely comfortable and adjusts quite easily for a good fit. Any thoughts?

#1613 - 09/06/01 11:24 AM Re: Sequest Pro Unlimited BC
wheezy Offline
avid diver

Loc: Newport Beach / CA
Well, I'm a poor person. But I live in Orange County and have rich friends...

I've got a buddy that picked one up about a month ago now. The thing is pretty cool, my first impression was that it was a little on the gimmicky side... but after he let me borrow it for a weekend I was impressed. The fit (he happens to be just about the exact same size) was incredable... the Lumbar system is nice... built in retractor is kind of cool... the knife is lame and you are paying for it...

dumps worked well and the inflator had no issues.

Pretty streamlined for a rec BC easy to move around in...

If it fits and you got the cash.. you can't go wrong. It is a top quality BC... Now If I could just talk him into buying one for me

#1614 - 09/07/01 06:31 AM Re: Sequest Pro Unlimited BC
shoude Offline
avid diver

Loc: Mansfield, MA, USA
Thanks Wheezy, or should I say Kato? I agree it's a lot of money. I was curious if it worth the money. Sounds like you had a pretty positive experience with it. I appreciate your feedback. And just remember, a knife is a tool, not a weapon. It is pretty lame. If money were not the compelling factor, would you buy this BCD?

#1615 - 09/09/01 01:13 PM Re: Sequest Pro Unlimited BC
EricF Offline
veteran

Loc: CA
Seaquest makes a complete line, but the big consideration is the price. Here are a few bc's with similar features and alot cheaper
Check out:
Tusa Plantina Evolution
Genesis Phanton ps testers choice!!
Sherwood Avid
IDI Nekton

Wow that's alot of choices!!

#1616 - 09/20/01 04:08 PM Re: Sequest Pro Unlimited BC
Rebecca Offline
veteran

To try and narrow down Eric's suggestions, most of the guys I dive with like the Sherwood Avid. You get a lot more for your money (like the metal "D" rings, shoulder dumps, heavy duty material, double tank straps, and you can add the Akona accessory kit to it)

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie