Please contact our Scuba Diving Instructors by live chat or phone 1-800-34-SCUBA. We are standing by to answer any of your Scuba Diving questions.
Topic Options
#1602 - 09/05/01 08:54 PM What is the Output pressure of a Scuba tank?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I no nothing about diving. My sport of choice is paintball. I am searching for information on scuba tanks for the use of paintball. However I need to know what is the output pressure of a Scuba tank? are they all the same? I hear it is 3000psi but my question is, do all scuba tanks have this same output pressure?

#1603 - 09/05/01 10:54 PM Re: What is the Output pressure of a Scuba tank?
TexasMike Offline
veteran

Tanks are typically filled to 3000psi. And it is the regulator setup that takes this high pressure and reduces it to something that we can safely inhale.

The first stage of a regulator (what is mated to the tank valve) takes the pressure down to about 140 psi, and the 2nd stage (what is in our mouth) is what reduces it further, and has the "demand" valve (what opens the system when we begin to inhale).

There are several sized tanks. What capacity (cubic feet) are you requiring for your project?

#1604 - 09/06/01 05:07 AM Re: What is the Output pressure of a Scuba tank?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to sound like an A$$ but the output pressure is equal to the input pressure ( assuming you opned it at the ATA you filled it at ) I.E. if you fill it to 2657 PSI at 'sea level' then its output pressure would be 2657 PSI at ' sea level ' when you open it.

I know what you want. U want to use a "SCUBA" tank to pressureize your paint ball pistol. Keep your FPM ( feet per minute ) UNDER what ever you team has deemed " non harmful / ' hurtz like hell ' velocity. Normally for a 60 Cal paint ball this would be about 300 FPM.

If you need more info go to a "scuba" shop they should know how to help you.

TDI_Steve

#1605 - 10/05/01 02:37 PM Re: What is the Output pressure of a Scuba tank?
nobends Offline
veteran

Loc: NY,NY, USA
Most scuba shops will require you to have some level of certification before filling a tank for you. You might find the cost of tanks, regulators, and adapters to fill your paintball gas canisters a little bit prohibitive. Good luck!

Moderator:  BillL, BobG, Clarke, Mel, Reggie