Average Customer Review: based on 1 reviews.Rating: Polar Pro Gopro Switchblade Macro and Red Filter for Hero Cameras Review - $59.99 - Scuba Gear Customer Reviews
The SwitchBlade3 is a product developed with two years of customer feedback, over 200 dives, and a few company “research” trips. It is probably the most exciting product we have launched to date. This 3 in 1 combo has a glass Red filter, and a glass Macro lens, both which can swing away and be used in any combination.
This accessory features our new Aqua Glass Red filter which is our best color correction formula yet. It captures beautiful deep blue hues as well as vibrant tropical colors which pop off the screen. The Macro lens is also brand new which features more powerful 2.2X magnification as well as being made out of glass for even higher durability against scratching. In addition to the new lens elements we beefed up the Switchblade3 frame leading to higher durability.
The new Aqua Red filter provides color correction from 10 to 85 feet. The new macro lens on the Switchblade3 allows the camera to focus sharply from 4 to 18 inches underwater! We thoroughly tested the new macro at our home Dive spot, Catalina Island, and were blown away when we saw what a difference this macro makes for close up shots. It is perfect for capturing little critters and even just cruising right along the reef. If for any reason you are diving shallow you can simply flip the red filter up and use just the macro filter. Check out the difference the Switchblade3 makes in the video below.
Macro Lens - When to use:
1. For Close Up Scenes: How close are we talking? This Macro will work when filming subject’s 3inches to 14 inches away from the camera. The macro Lens Zeros in on the close subject and eliminates distractions in the background (see Picture Below).
2. For Adding Creative Angles: The macro unlocks a new level for GoPro edits. Normally GoPro Edits include a ton of wide angle shots. This lens allows you to change that up and surprise your viewers with a new perspective. Some cool macro shots we have had are: Close up scans of Ski/Snowboard Binings, Surfboards, Little animals eating food. There are a ton of cool shots you can get up close, to make your edits sick.
1. The crispiest Macro shots will turn out when subjects are 3 inches to 14 inches away.
2. Use the LCD bacpac or the GoPro app to get a good feel for the focal range of your new Macro
3. This is how your video will look with each FOV setting:
Narrow: A tight close up view with only your subject in the frame which is 3 to 8 inches away.
Medium: Our favorite setting, captures the crispy close subject then adds a slight blur to the background, bringing all of the focus/attention to your close up subject.
Wide: This one gets really creative, the edges of the frame are going to be distorted (like a fisheye lens) and then the close up subject will be in razor sharp focus. This setting will show the biggest focal swing, with everything close in sharp focus, and everything beyond 18inches out of focus. Our comparison video was shot in all Wide mode.
We took a lot of customer feedback, 3 months of heavy R&D, and 24 design revisions before releasing this product, it is built very well. However will gladly replace any defective products for 6 months from the date of purchase.