Back inflation design with 30 pounds of lift
With proper care, your XS Scuba BC will provide many years of reliable service. The following preventative maintenance must be performed to extend the life of your BC:
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and extreme heat. Nylon fabric can quickly fade when exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and extreme heat may damage the welded seams of the BC’s air cell.
• Avoid repeated or prolonged use in heavily chlorinated water, which can cause the BC fabric to discolor and decay prematurely.
• Do not allow the BC to chafe against any sharp objects or rough surfaces that could abrade or puncture the air cell. Do not set or drop heavy objects such as block weights on the BC.
• Avoid any contact with oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents.
• To preserve the life of the air cell, thoroughly rinse it inside and out with fresh water after every day of use, following these steps:
1. Pressurize the power inflator with low pressure air via the LP hose.
2. Using a garden hose, direct water through the oral inflator to flush the interior of the air cell, and then thoroughly rinse the exterior of the BC. Before rinsing, ensure that the power inflator is pressurized with air. This will prevent debris and contaminants from entering the inflator valve if the inflator button is accidentally depressed.
3. Completely drain the air cell of water through the lower OPV/dump valve by pulling the ball/cord assembly.
4. Fully inflate the BC, and allow it to dry inside and out. Then store it partially inflated, away from direct sunlight, and in a clean, dry area. Do not store the BC in an enclosed space, such as a car trunk, where it may be exposed to temperatures below 0º F (-18º C) or above 120º F (49º C).
5. To avoid stress on the air cell or harness assembly, remove all weight from the trim weight and X-Lock™ releasable compartments before storing the BC. Soft weights especially, can discolor the BC over time.
CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to perform any disassembly or service of your XS Scuba BC. Service requiring disassembly must only be performed by a factory trained XS Scuba technician. To obtain any service or repair, it is important to bring your BC to an Authorized XS Scuba Dealer.
Urethane coated 2' nylon webbing to prevent tank slipping
316 grade stainless steel cam buckle
Highest quality real velcro brand hook and loop
Reinforced construction with box stitching and bar-tacks
Dual 2' nylon straps with non-slip tank pads
Small size fits 6, 8, 13,14,19 cu. ft. aluminum cylinders
Large Size fits 30 and 40 cu. ft. aluminum cylinders
Large size fits 27 cu ft steel cylinder