CURVE - Back Wing Style for Women
Back wing or back floatation BCs offer streamlined construction
with all the flotation at the back of the diver, leaving the front area
low profile and clear for the attachment of accessory items. The
curve has all the same features and benefits as the BLACKWING,
with a harness ergonomically designed and sized for women.
• Bladder material: 12 Mil Clear Virgin Polyurethane
• Main body/pockets and shoulder straps: 1000 Denier Cordura
with 1.5 oz/square yard Polyurethane
• Pocket trim: 1680 Denier Nylon
• Wing buoyancy: 48 lbs/21.7 kg/213 N (Men’s), 35 lbs/15.8 kg/
155 N (Women’s)
• Main releasable weight pockets: 15 lbs/6.8 kg (Men’s), 10 lbs/4.5
kg (Women’s) maximum each
• Supplemental weight/accessory pockets with 1” side release
buckle hold 10 lbs/4.54 each
• Fully padded hard-back pack with carrying handle
• Tank height adjustment strap: 1” nylon webbing with Ladderlock
• Standard tank band and Steel/Delrin cam buckle can be replaced
with all steel upgrade by dealer or consumer
• Cummerbund: Size adjustable padded nylon cummerbund with
2” centre-pull side release buckle. Small zippered pocket at centre
for car keys, C card. Also includes nickel/brass grommet for
• Main shoulder strap adjustment buckle: 1.5” side release buckles
with extended thumb ledge for easy loosening adjustment
• D-Rings: 4 on shoulder straps (welded pre-bent stainless steel).
4 on hips (welded stainless steel)
• Cargo holders on hips: 2 x 1.5” side release buckles
• Inflation: Corrugated rubber oral inflation (hose is neoprene rubber)
• Auto-inflate choice of basic or premium inflator, or breathable
inflator. Inflation system equipped with cable dump for rapid
• Pull dump: One at right hip. Pull dump toggles are high contrast
light charcoal color “T” handles for good visibility and easy location
• Weight quick dump system: 15 lbs/6.8 kg per side, with high
contrast light charcoal color “T” handles for good visibility and
• Chest strap: 1” nylon with centre-pull side release buckle. Unique
system allows easy strap location adjustment to avoid drysuit
valve on chest
• Accessory attachment grommets: Nickel plated brass - four on
left pocket for knife or other accessory attachment, one on right
pocket for retractable lanyard installation
INTEGRATED WEIGHT SYSTEM
All BARE BCs are equipped with an Integrated Weight System to
allow convenient management and emergency release of ballast
There are three sets of pockets on the BCs where weights can be
placed, but only one set with quick release capability.
Main Weight System – There are two releasable main weight pockets.
These pockets hold between 10-15 pounds (4.54 – 6.8 Kg) each,
depending on size and model of BC chosen. (see details pages for
Each pocket has a weight pouch with a large flap secured with Hook
& Loop fasteners.
Remove the weight pouch from the pocket with a sharp tug on the
Undo the pocket flap and insert the desired amount of bagged lead
shot or solid weights.
Environmental note – If you choose to use lead shot, please make
sure the shot pack is sealed and waterproof to avoid the possibility
of lead-tainted liquid leaking into the water.
Once the weight pouches are loaded, secure the flap by pressing
firmly on the Hook & Loop fasteners.
The loaded weight pouches may be inserted into the pockets after
donning the assembled BC and cylinder set-up.
Slide the weight pouch into the pocket and connect the male side of
the Side Release Quick-Disconnect buckle on the weight pouch with
the female side on the BC pocket.
The weight pouch is now secured in the pocket until you choose to
disengage the buckle with another sharp tug on the grey handle.
In an emergency weight-ditching situation, grasp the grey handle
and pull sharply forward. Retain control of the weight pouch in your
hand until you can see it is clear to drop without danger of becoming
entangled in any other gear you may be wearing.
To ease normal water exits onto a boat or dock ladder, the weight
pouches can be removed and passed to an assistant to lighten your
load when climbing out of the water.
Rear Tank Ballast Pockets – All BARE BCs come equipped with two
Tank Ballast Pockets. The pockets are built in to the BLACKJACK
on each side of the tank backpack. The pockets are separate on the
BLACKWING, CURVE, & VOODOO models. They are designed to be
installed on the cylinder strap if desired.
The purpose of the ballast pockets is to counteract the positive
buoyancy of an empty aluminum cylinder. Some divers find this
buoyancy – especially when using a back wing air cell – tends to
tip them forward. The ballast pockets hold up to 5 lbs/2.27 Kg of
weight per side.
Supplementary Side Pockets – Should you need more weight than
the Main Releasable Weight System and the Rear Tank Ballast
Pockets combined, there are two Supplementary Side Pockets, one
on each side of the front of the BC. These pockets hold up to an additional
10 lbs/ 4.54 Kg each.