My local dive shop told me to only buy a diaphragm reg and not a piston. He recommended the 680 but from the pictures I cant tell how the reg is set up. Is the 680 a piston?
Hello Rex, Thank you for your Inquiry, The TUSA RS-680 Scuba Regulator is a Diaphragm 1st stage and a very reliable unit. F.Y.I. There is no performance difference between the diaphragm and piston regulators. http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-36/033297/TUSA-RS-680-Scuba-Regulator.html If you would like to place an order, please contact one of our certified Dive Instructors at SCUBA.com by calling 800-247-2822 <> 949-221-9300 or e-mail us at: email@example.com
I am looking to buy this reg for my boyfriend is it suitable for cold water diving
Hello Vixi, the regulator you are looking for would be: http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-36/033423/Aqua-Lung-Titan-LX-Supreme-Regulator.html#tabdesc. This would work better for you in what you are looking for in the regulator.
RS-681 TUSA Regulator-
R-600 First Stage-
• Ultra-compact balanced diaphragm first stage
• Lightweight R-600 – 630g.
• Two H.P. ports and Four L.P. ports
• EK-600 cold water kit available for temperatures below 50°F/10°C
• DIN-R600 conversion kit available (300bar/4350psi)
S-81 Second Stage-
• Elliptical low-profile case design
• S.E.A. – Sequential Exhaust Assist System (Pat P.)
• Venturi adjustment lever
• Built-in moisture exchange plate
• Attached to MILFLEX® hose for exceptional flexbility