Average Customer Review: based on 19 reviews.Rating: XS Scuba Airwave Plus Inline Octo
Can you get a longer hose for this product it seems this is the only drawback.
Hello Jim. Thank you for your inquiry! The XS Scuba Airwave Plus Inline Scuba Octo comes with a set length Power Inflator Hose. If you would like to place an order, please contact one of our certified Dive Instructors at SCUBA.com by calling 800-247-2822 <> 949-221-9300 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have the xs scuba airwaves plus octo in stock? Is this compatible with Mares prestiege mrs plus bcd? I am interested in buying this if readily available in stock.
RG330 - AirWave Inline Octo
Less Hoses - Less Hassle
The AirWave Inline eliminates one hose by integrating the octopus with any standard BC inflator. The left hand orientation allows for ready use for the primary diver. The AirWave Inline will always be in an easily accessible location in the event of a real out of air emergency.
Unique, freeflow preventing adjustment
Pneumatically balanced for performance
Eliminates one hose from your regulator
Attaches to any standard BC inflator
Includes 20' LP hose for attachment to first stage
Limited Lifetime Warranty: See owners manual for details
Care and Maintenance
It is important to provide the proper preventative maintenance in order to ensure the maximum performance and life of your regulator. The following procedures should be performed routinely after each use to ensure that the regulator is cleaned, inspected and prepared for the next use or for storage.
1. When the regulator is removed from the SCUBA cylinder valve, it is important that the dust cap or protector cap is installed over the first stage regulator inlet fitting or threaded DIN connector. This is critical to prevent the entrance of moisture into the first-stage. This cap or protector is normally attached to the first stage regulator and may therefore be wet. Wipe or blow the cap or protector completely dry before securing it over the inlet fitting or threaded DIN connector.
2. As soon as possible after diving, the regulator should be rinsed thoroughly with clean fresh water while attached to a cylinder and pressurized with air.
3. Rinsing alone will not sufficiently clean the regulator properly. To clean the regulator as thoroughly as possible, it should be soaked in warm (not over 120º F) tap water.
a. The preferred method is to attach the regulator to a charged SCUBA cylinder, open the cylinder valve to pressurize the regulator, and thoroughly soak both the first and second stages. Pressurizing the regulator will effectively prevent moisture or contamination from entering the regulator while it is soaking. While the regulator is soaking, depress the second stage purge button several times to agitate the water inside the second stage. This will help loosen any mineral deposits that may have adhered to internal components. You should also turn the adjustment knob (SeaAir only) several times to loosen any mineral deposits that may have settled around the shaft. Agitate the entire second stage regulator while submerged to allow the warm water to flow in and out of the housing, this will further loosen any mineral deposits and help flush them out. Also agitate the first stage regulator to ensure water has entered the ambientwater ports. If the regulator is equipped with an alternate air source, gauge console, and inflator hose, soak these and agitate as needed.
b. If soaking the regulator while pressurized is not feasible, it may be soaked unpressurized. Be sure the dust cap or DIN protector cap is secure over the first stage inlet or threaded connector. DO NOT depress the purge button or turn the adjustment knob or lever while regulator is submerged.
NOTE: When soaking or rinsing the SeaAir regulator unpressurized, check to ensure that the second-stage adjustment knob is turned completely 'in' (clockwise) to prevent moisture from entering the valve and LP hose.
CAUTION: DO NOT depress the purge button, loosen the first stage yoke screw, or turn the second stage adjustment knob all the way 'out' (SeaAir model) if the regulator is submerged unpressurized. Doing so will allow water to enter, and will require that the regulator be returned to an Authorized XS Scuba Dealer for service.
4. If regulator has been soaking in water, remove the regulator and cylinder from the water bath and wipe the regulator as dry as possible. Next, depressurize the regulator by turning the cylinder valve hand wheel off (clockwise). While looking at the submersible pressure gauge face, depress the purge button, continue to depress the purge button until the gauge reads zero and air flow can no longer be heard. Remove the regulator from the cylinder valve.
5. If the regulator is to be stored for a long period, it is good practice to wipe the hoses and rubber gauge boot with a light film of non-aerosol silicone grease, using a soft cloth.
6. The SeaAir regulator should be stored with the knob or lever turned all the way out. This will help extend the life of the low pressure seat.
7. When the regulator is completely dry, store it in a clean equipment box or sealed in a plastic bag. DO NOT store it where it may be exposed to excessive heat or near an electrical motor, which produces ozone. Prolonged exposure to extreme heat, ozone, chlorine, and ultraviolet rays can cause premature degradation of rubber parts and components.
8. Never store the regulator while it is still attached to a cylinder.
9. DO not use any type of solvent or petroleum based substances to clean or lubricate any part of the regulator. DO not expose any part of the regulator to aerosol sprays as some aerosol propellants attack or degrade rubber and plastic materials.
HAVE YOUR REGULATOR SERVICED AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR FROM AN AUTHORIZED XS SCUBA DEALER. YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY AND THE MECHANICAL INTEGRITY OF YOUR REGULATOR MAY DEPEND ON IT.
DO NOT attempt to perform any disassembly or service of your regulator. Doing so may cause the regulator to malfunction, and will render the XS Scuba warranty null and void. All service must be performed by an Authorized XS Scuba Dealer.