41566 - Mares EOS 3 LED Torch
The beginning of a new era
• High-Power mono LED
• Consistent light intensity
• Long burn time
A powerful and compact diving torch with a High-Power 3W mono LED, providing an incredible light output of 7.000lux, equivalent to a 30W halogen bulb. Electronic voltage supply control of the LED ensures a consistent light for 5 hours with 8 standard AA batteries. A careful choice of materials makes this torch able to withstand depths up to 100mt / 330ft. Anti-shock rubber protection on the anodized aluminium head and a tubular ergonomic handle with a magnetic sliding switch; the latter features ON and OFF positions with mechanical safety catch.
Compact dimensions allow storing the EOS 3 in the BCD pocket.
Congratulations on the Mares torch you have purchased. This torch is the result of in-depth research, and the fruit of years of experience
from professional divers and technicians. Latest-generation innovative technical solutions and advanced materials set this torch
apart. You'll quickly notice its versatility, convenience, and extended duration.
Eos 3 and Eos Pro are extremely small torches designed to be as ergonomic as possible and easy to use when scuba diving (Eos 3)
and freediving (Eos Pro). In fact, its size makes it easy to tuck into a BC pocket or hook to any piece of equipment without becoming a
hindrance. When worn on the wrist using the special strap, it's always close to hand and precise: the switch stays near the thumb.
The body of the torch is made of highly resistant shockproof technopolymer, which makes it extremely rugged under any usage conditions; the
waterproof seal is ensured by two O-Rings. The reflector holding nut is made of anodized aluminium and the crystal is tempered. The
use of an latest-generation innovative LED and careful study of the reflector's geometry create an unbeatable bright spot (7,000 lux) that
is highly concentrated and able to penetrate any underwater cavity at depth.
A special electronic control circuit guarantees constant light intensity throughout its entire charge.
• Unscrew the head of the torch, holding it pointing upward.
• Grasp the LED holder, being careful not to touch the inner surface of the reflector.
• Insert the batteries, paying CLOSE ATTENTION to their orientation, respecting the polarity shown on the stickers (Fig. 3).
• Replace the reflector with LED in the correct position (Fig. 4), being careful not to touch the inside surface of the reflector with your
• Fully screw on the reflector holding nut (head).
• Respect the polarity of the batteries inside the torch.
• Remove the batteries if the torch is left unused for long period or during transport, to avoid an accumulation of gas, especially when
used with rechargeable batteries.
• Do not use the torch out of the water.
• AFTER EVERY USE, CHECK THAT THE TORCH WAS TURNED OFF CORRECTLY AND THAT THE SAFETY IS ON.
• Replace ALL the batteries when they are dead, to avoid damage or injury to the torch or people.
• Do not unscrew the reflector holding nut (head) of the torch during a dive or when wet.
• Before screwing on the ring nut, grease the 2 O-Rings with silicone grease and check that they are clean. Periodically (once a year), have the integrity of the O-Rings checked at aService Center.
• If any water leaks in, immediately rinse all parts with fresh water and dry, except for the Reflector unit, LED, and Circuit. Immediately find out the cause by contacting a Mares Service Center.
• In the event of a malfunction, contact the Mares Dealer where you purchased the torch or a Mares Service Center.
• During transport the strap should be positioned as shown in Fig. 5.
• Use of expired batteries can significantly reduce the torch's burntime and performance.
• A decrease in the intensity of light and/or a slight flicker in the beam indicate that the batteries have nearly lost their charge. They
should be replaced immediately.
• Rinse the outside of the torch in fresh water after every dive, without disassembling it.
• Keep the torch in a cool, dry place. The temperature must never exceed 50°C.