View all my reviews
The cylinder is as represented, very happy.
Did this Review help?
227 out of
people found this review helpful.
Questions and Answers for
Faber 23 Cubic Foot FX Series High Pressure Steel Pony Bottle Tank:
this 23 cubic foot HP air supply would be equal to about what size alum. tank. A 80 cu, alum can last me about 80 mins. of shallow water time. I need a lighter tank due to age.
(Certified Scuba Instructor at Scuba.com)
Hello Joe, a 23cf tank steel or aluminum will be the same size. The steel will be rated for a higher pressure and the weight on the steel will be more so you can wear less weight. If you have any other questions or would like to place an order please feel free to give us a call at 1.800.347.2822.
Faber Cylinders for Scuba Diving
1. The material (steel plate) is carefully selected depending on its eventual use conditions, after verifying the chemical, physical, mechanical characteristics.
2. The design of Faber cylinders uses not only specified calculation formulae but also linear finite element analysis. The calculated data are then verified experimentally using strain-gauge measurements.
3. The fracture mechanics analysis of the steel allows us to define the maximum permissible defects in the cylinders, in order to enable us: - to establish the non-destructive tests during production - to guarantee the product fatigue life - to demonstrate that a leak precedes the hypothetical burst of the cylinder (LBB)
4. The cylinders' surface protection is considered to be a function of the various environmental conditions of use and of the various corrosion agents.
5. Faber's cylinders are manufactured according to a quality control program certified to ISO 9001 and ISO / TS 16949 (where applicable).
Design Tests and Analyses are performed for new design approvals of diving cylinders:
- On materials - Mechanical tests: tensile, elongation, impact, toughness, ductility, stress-cracking - Chemical analysis - On prototype cylinders (check of safety performances) - Hydraulic burst test - Pressure cycling test - Ductility and impact resistance test - Environmental test - Extreme temperatures monotonic and cycling tests - Flawed cylinder burst test
During production all the cylinders are subject to: - Hardness test - Ultrasonic inspection - Hydraulic (proof and volumetric expansion) if required by the standard tests - Leak test on spun cylinders - Check of the critical dimensions and of the threads - Check of the marking - Check of the specified internal and external surface finish - Flawed cylinders burst-test
Faber Cylinders are appreciated worldwide by those scuba divers who choose steel tanks for their aqua-lung. Faber Cylinders for scuba diving are manufactured from steel plates to ensure light tanks with the right buoyancy. If you are already using steel tanks when diving you don't need to be convinced about the advantages of steel. Just make sure that next time you purchase a tank the FABER stamp is on it (go to How to recognize Faber Cylinders).