Questions and Answers for
Faber 50 Cubic Foot Low Pressure Steel Tank:
Correct your specs on this cylinder they are listed wrong......... You are mis-
(Certified Scuba Instructor at Scuba.com)
Hello Bud, when you have the valve and boot on the specs are correct. But have gotten with or IT dept and will have them change to the correct specs without the boot and valve installed.
Faber 50 Cubic Foot Low Pressure Steel Tank
Manufacturer Part Number L50DVB
Faber Cylinders for Scuba Diving
Faber Cylinders are appreciated worldwide by those scuba divers who choose steel tanks for their aqua-lung. Faber Cylinders for scuba diving are manufactured from steel plates to ensure light tanks with the right buoyancy. If you are already using steel tanks when diving you don't need to be convinced about the advantages of steel. Just make sure that next time you purchase a tank the FABER stamp is on it (go to How to recognize Faber Cylinders).
1. The material (steel plate) is carefully selected depending on its eventual use conditions, after verifying the chemical, physical, mechanical characteristics.
2. The design of Faber cylinders uses not only specified calculation formulae but also linear finite element analysis. The calculated data are then verified experimentally using strain-gauge measurements.
3. The fracture mechanics analysis of the steel allows us to define the maximum permissible defects in the cylinders, in order to enable us: - to establish the non-destructive tests during production - to guarantee the product fatigue life - to demonstrate that a leak precedes the hypothetical burst of the cylinder (LBB)
4. The cylinders' surface protection is considered to be a function of the various environmental conditions of use and of the various corrosion agents.
5. Faber's cylinders are manufactured according to a quality control program certified to ISO 9001 and ISO / TS 16949 (where applicable).