Questions and Answers for
Faber 71 Cubic Foot FX Series High Pressure Steel Tank:
There are no questions yet.
Faber 71 Cubic Foot FX Series High Pressure Steel Tank
Manufacturer Part Number FX71DVB
If you are not using steel cylinders, try to use one and you will soon realise what you have been missing. If you are already using steel tanks when diving you don't need to be convinced about the advantages of steel. Faber Cylinders for scuba diving are manufactured from steel plates to ensure light tanks with the right buoyancy. Faber Cylinders are appreciated worldwide by those scuba divers who choose steel tanks for their aqua-lung.
Faber has the unique capability to produce its high quality seamless gas cylinders from steel plates. The entire Production Process is controlled by Faber and done in-house in our own dedicated plants. In some cases the cylinders are supplied by Faber without paint and they are finished by customers.
1. The material (steel plate) is carefully selected depending on its eventual use conditions, after verifying the chemical, physical, mechanical characteristics.
2. The design of Faber cylinders uses not only specified calculation formulae but also linear finite element analysis. The calculated data are then verified experimentally using strain-gauge measurements.
3. The fracture mechanics analysis of the steel allows us to define the maximum permissible defects in the cylinders, in order to enable us: - to establish the non-destructive tests during production - to guarantee the product fatigue life - to demonstrate that a leak precedes the hypothetical burst of the cylinder (LBB)
4. The cylinders' surface protection is considered to be a function of the various environmental conditions of use and of the various corrosion agents.
5. Faber's cylinders are manufactured according to a quality control program certified to ISO 9001 and ISO / TS 16949 (where applicable).